VISIT MY WEBSITE

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A New Card

Good morning All,

I just wanted to share a card I did using some of the Quickutz products I have. The Flower petals were created and cut with the Silhouette. After cutting them, I used Glimmer mist to "paint" them. I love the water color look and the soft shimmer of using this product. The center of the flower was the small bottle cap die. I used it to cut out FELT. One of the great advantages to the die cutting system is being able to cut out much more than just paper! The felt was the perfect touch for the center as it was moldable around a large pop-up glue dot. I added some distress stickles to give it that finished look.

Next I used the diamond shaped 2x2 dies to cut out the patterned paper. I glued them to the bottom of my card and then cut out the bottom half around the diamond shapes for some additional visual interest.

Visit my website for more great ideas.

Closeup of Flower and the FELT center.